Tuesday, August 20, 2013

To Mak You Feel My Love

My husband and I have a song. It is To Make You Feel My Love. I have heard it made over by many different groups and musicians. No matter who sings it I have a very special feeling in my heart. The whole song seems to make sense to us so much that it is personal, almost as if it was written for us.

One of the lines that has always seemed to me less applicable was the line "I'd go hungry I'd go black and blue, I'd go crawling down the avenue..." While in movies and perhaps teenage drama there are situations where the man is fighting for his woman, it didn't seem to me to be something that we ever faced.

However, I do remember many times in my marriage when my husband gave me all of his support. In each of these moments I felt true unconditional love. Sometimes it was even in times when I had been wrong, but he supported me anyways. So emotionally he really is black and blue.

I love him so much! My husband is my "...warm embrace when the whole world is on my case." I don't care what anyone thinks of me but him. He is the man who I want to win over again and again. He is also my strength when I am week.

Recently I have had a lot of criticism from people and it has caused me a great deal of stress and tears. He has been patient with me, he has been my counselor, he has been my backbone. Like I said in my last post, I don't want to think so much about others thoughts of me but just what my family thinks. They need me so much and here is where I should be, not out "Putting my mark on the world."

I don't want to be like anyone else. I want to be me. I want to be the person God intended me to be. May inspiration always be with me and may I always remember the lessons that I have learned.

Love to my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment